CSL Plasma Paramedic OR Nurse - LPN, LVN or RN. in Cleveland, Ohio
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the evaluation of donor suitability for automated pheresis procedures. Administration and supervision of approved immunizations other than red blood cell immunizations. Provides limited emergency medical care to donors and staff, including the administration of medication or treatments in accordance with licensure or certification.
1 Promotes positive customer relations with all donors.
2 Conducts confidential and effective interviews with donors to obtain necessary information regarding suitability to donate plasma.
3 In conjunction with the Center Medical Director and/or Center Physician responds to medically related questions from staff including donor suitability and provides information to staff on medically related issues.
4 Performs medical history reviews and health assessments on donors. Assesses results of donor screening and laboratory tests to determine initial and continuing donor suitability.
5 Notifies and counsels donors regarding reactive test results. Refers donors to community facilities for follow-up and counseling.
6 Explains informed consent to applicant donors. This includes explanation of procedures, hazards and potential adverse events; explanation of immunization schedules, dose and antibody response; providing clear opportunity for donor to refuse participation; obtaining signature and date certifying informed consent.
7 Handles medical emergencies at the Center by providing routine care as outlined in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); elevates situations to Center Physician or local medical service providers as required. Periodically checks emergency kits to assure supplies are present and in-date.
8 Reviews test results and determines continued donor suitability. Follows SOPs regarding acceptable ranges of four-month required test (PE/STS) reports. Maintains knowledge of and apply all rules regarding four-month approvals and grace periods.
9 Assess signs and symptoms a donor may exhibit that may result in the inability to continue donating.
10 Manages employee hepatitis B and influenza immunization program, including administration of immunizations.
11 Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center where applicable, and oversees donor immunization programs. Reviews antibody titer results as required. Maintains awareness of appropriate immunization schedule for each antigen.
12 Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
13 Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes safety in all actions. May conduct routine audits of these internal procedures and documentation.
14 Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
15 May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
16 Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
17 Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Graduation from a paramedic, nursing, physician assistant, chiropractic, medical school or naturopathic medical training program
• If graduation is from a foreign allopathic or osteopathic medical school, must also currently be licensed as a physician or state certification as an emergency medical technician
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in a health care environment
• Experience in a plasma or whole blood collection center or other regulated environment preferred
• Ability to make and analyze a physical assessment of heart, lung sounds, signs of drug use, etc.
• Ability to instruct donors, staff and community regarding the benefit of plasma donation programs
(physical & mental requirements)
• Ability to make decisions, which have moderate impact on immediate work unit.
• Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions
• Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation
• Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
• Examine and assess the skin and other abnormalities through sight, touch and smell
• Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
• Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
• Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens
• Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
• Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
CSL offers the following benefits for this full-time position, most are effective the first day of hire: Options for health care benefits, including choices of plans for medical and prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; Company-provided basic life insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability; the option to participate in CSL’s 401(k) Savings Program; Paid Time Off (PTO) for use in connection with vacations, illness, and other personal business; and paid observed holidays as designated by the Company.
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care (https://www.cslplasma.com/careers/how-do-we-care-for-you-as-csl-plasma) at CSL.
About CSL Plasma
CSL Plasma is one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma. Our work helps to ensure that people with rare and serious diseases are able to live normal, healthy lives. We are committed to our work because lives depend on us. Learn more about CSL Plasma (https://www.cslplasma.com/about-csl-plasma) .
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organization with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity & Inclusion (https://www.cslplasma.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion) at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Plasma!
CSL makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable US federal, state or local law. CSL complies with all applicable employment laws, including but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Immigration Reform and Control Act. https://www.cslbehring.com/careers/eeo-statement
- CSL Plasma Jobs