UnityPoint Health LPN-Nursing N5- Methodist in Des Moines, Iowa
Recognized as a valuable member of the Acute Care team, the LPN practices under the supervision of the Registered Nurse and assists patients, while providing a therapeutic environment for patients and their families. Actions are team oriented to successfully provided patient/family care and high level of satisfaction, through evidence- based practice. Maintains a practice environment that reflects the ANA Code for Nurses, Philosophy of Nursing at UnityPoint Health with in the structure of the Professional Nurse Practice Model and in collaboration with other care givers.
· Possesses the knowledge and clinical skills necessary to provide care for people with physical disability and chronic illness
· Participates in patient/family educational activities and uses appropriate resources to implement an individualized teaching and discharge plan with patients and their families
· Performs hands-on nursing care by utilizing the nursing process to achieve quality outcomes for patients
· Reinforces the care provided by other team members
· Provides direction and supervision of unlicensed assistive personnel (i.e. Patient Care Technician), demonstrates clinical judgment appropriate for Iowa’s LPN scope of practice, uses problem solving techniques and time- management principles, and delegates appropriately
· Coordinates nursing care activities in collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary rehabilitation team to facilitate achievement of overall goals
· Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills to develop a rapport with patients, their families, and health team members and to ensure the fulfilment of requirements for legal documentation and reimbursement
· Maintains a strong commitment to the Acute Care team
· Contributes to the assessment of the physical, psychological, sociocultural, and spiritual dimensions of patients and their families, as well as their educational and discharge needs
· Collaborates with other rehabilitation team members and contributes to the dynamic interdisciplinary plan of care
· Implements the interdisciplinary plan of care within the scope of LPN/LVN practice and provides nursing care and education directly or through ancillary personnel, as needed, to maintain and restore function and prevent complications and further loss
· Contributes to the evaluation of the nursing care and to the modification of the plan as needed to achieve measurable goals and objectives
· Contributes to the interdisciplinary team process at team conferences and other team meetings and offers input into team decision making within their scope of practice.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Successful completion of a licensed practical nurse program from an accredited college.
Experience or clinical time in Post-Acute Care or an Acute Care environment.
Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Iowa.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain certification within three (3) months from date of hire.
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Requisition ID: 2021-100394
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Name: Nursing N5- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Nights: 7p-730a with weekend rotation.
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org