HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Radiation Oncology Registered Nurse PRN in Englewood, Colorado
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Radiation Oncology Registered Nurse (RN) to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
What you will do in this role:
- You will function in a collaborative role with the Radiation Oncology Team in providing continuity and quality patient care.
- Your role will assess and provide appropriate nursing interventions for the actual or potential problems that the patient may experience related to the disease process, treatment course, and follow up period.
- Your role emphasizes teaching, counseling, and supportive functions needed to assist the patient and/or family to cope with and adjust to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. You are the liaison between Radiation Oncology and other hospitals and/or departments as well as physicians groups/offices and other counseling/support groups.
- You will assess and provide appropriate referrals for alternative resources for recovery, rehabilitation, nursing home care, hospice and nutritional services.
Swedish Medical Centeris located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of approximately 2,000 dedicated employees, 300 volunteers and 1,400 physicians.
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment, and was the state’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. Swedish also serves as the region’s neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is a level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center. Over 150 facilities regularly transfer highly complex cases to Swedish.
Swedish Medical Center is proud to be a part of the HCA Healthcare’s Continental Division, which includes HealthONE, named the #1 large hospital system in the United States by IBM Watson Health as part of the 15 Top Health Systems recognition process. And, as the #7 corporate philanthropist in the Denver-metro area, and the only hospital system in the top 10, HealthONE contributed more than $1.6 million in 2019 and supports over 150 organizations through cash and in-kind donations. Additional information is available atwww.healthonecares.com
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse, or current active multistate nursing licensure.
- Current BLS certification through AHA or ARC required.
- Oncology Nursing Certification preferred.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- 3-5 years of experience in an Oncology department preferred.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills. Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Standards of Nursing Practice at SMC. Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Radiation Oncology Registered Nurse PRN
Location: Colorado-Englewood-Swedish Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03167-104740