HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Nurse Educator Surgical Services in Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Looking for experienced RN with recent Education /AND/ Surgical Services Experience!
/Fort Walton Beach Medical Center/is a 267-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute, both located in Destin.
The Clinical Professional Development Educator (CPDE) is responsible for enhancing professional practice and the provision of quality patient care by providing evidence-based, quality educational programs and activities that promote professional competency for nursing, inter-professional and non-licensed clinical staff at assigned facility.
The CPDE actively collaborates in the entire orientation/onboarding process. This includes participating in the development, coordination, managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating on-boarding and orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare personnel. To meet this expectation includes the following:
- Provides orientation/onboarding programs to promote employee retention
- Conducts orientation in a manner that facilitates a positive learning environment
- Promotes cost effectiveness through implementation of efficient orientation/onboarding practices
- Role models organizational and personal commitment to new employee success
- Collaborates with the Education Coordinator the logistics of orientation to keep all stakeholders inform
- Collaborates with the Director Clinical Professional Development to adjust the program based on evaluation results
- Incorporates organizational values/culture
The CPDE is responsible to have the expertise in competency assessment in order to participate in the development, coordination, and managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating competency. To meet this expectation includes the following:
- Comprehends and interprets competencies to staff
- Role models competent practice
- Identifies learning needs of staff
- Assesses practice gaps comparing competencies to actual practice
- Plans educational content with learner engagement
- Collaborates with the Clinical Education Market Director to review outcomes data to evaluate and refine competency management activities.
- Identifies appropriate resources for problem solving
Education is designed to improve professional practice and provision of quality care. To accomplish this goal the CPDS participates in designing and identifying educational activities to address practice gaps for identified target audiences, which may include licensed and non-licensed healthcare personal in alignment with HCA and division clinical education request and development processes. These activities are developed to achieve specific outcomes related to identified deficits or opportunities for improvement in knowledge, skill and practice. To meet this expectation includes the following:
- Assesses practice gaps.
- Identifies learning needs.
- Identifies desired outcomes
- Plans educational content delivery with learner engagement.
- Collaborates with Clinical Education Market Director to evaluate and adjust educational programs based on evaluations and feedback
- Promotes safe, quality and compassionate patient care.
- Aligns educational programs with organization’s policies and procedures
- Ensures that educational programs meet regulatory requirements.
- Understands adult educational theory and able to apply to the development of educational programs.
- Demonstrates an understanding and ability to apply evaluation methodologies, (i.e., Kirkpatrick) into courses and curriculum to refine clinical programs.
- Incorporates organizational values/culture.
- Supports new ideas and innovation in educational design.
- Identifies resources for problem solving.
- Utilizes current, best evidence.
- Provides staff with resources and education to implement changes
Research Evidence-based Practice (EBP)/Quality Improvement (QI)
The CPDE must promote and integrate the EBP in order to continuously improve practice. In addition, they promote research, EBP, and QI in patient care settings. CPDS may conduct, encourage, facilitate, and/or participate in research, EBP, and QI, including dissemination of findings. To meet this expectation includes the following:
- Works with others to identify problems and solutions and collaboratively create the change strategy
- Assists in the implementation of change strategies
- Embraces meaningful change and fosters acceptance, adoption and action toward change in others
- Identifies appropriate evidence to guide practice decisions
- Creates a supportive environment for nursing research, scientific inquiry, quality improvement and evidenced-base practice
- Supports research activities that align with the organizational strategic plan
- Disseminates research findings through educational programs, courses, and other activities
- Consistently maintains and sustain practice changes using principles of implementation science
- Exhibits creativity and flexibility through times of change
The CPDE collaborates with partners to share experience in planning and decision making to achieve the desired results. Interprofessional collaboration involves multiple healthcare personnel from different professional backgrounds collaborating to deliver the highest quality.
- Works collaboratively with interprofessional teams as assigned.
- Identifies opportunities for collaboration; initiates collaborative efforts i.e., facility Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), Associate CNO and Nursing Directors
- Considers and communicates impact of activities on other departments/professions/community
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize evidence-based simulation models to design, implement, evaluate, and standardize educational programs for staff in the use of clinical simulation, debriefing and assessment.
- Communicates professionally using appropriate methods
- Collaborates with the Market Director, Clinical Professional Development on a regular basis to review outcomes data to evaluate and refine educational activities.
- Contributes to organizational initiatives/strategic planning as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education or other clinical-related field required.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education or other clinical field preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in clinical education required
- 5 years’ RN experience in an acute care hospital setting required
- Currently licensed as appropriate to education in the state(s) in which he/she practices, in accordance with law and regulation
- Certification as NPD PR actioner and/or clinical certification as recognized by American Nurse Credentialing Center
- AHA BLS Certified required
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
EOE/Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: *Education Training & Professional Development
Title: Clinical Nurse Educator Surgical Services
Location: Florida-Fort Walton Beach-Fort Walton Beach Medical Center
Requisition ID: 27509-27994