HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse OR Nurse Residency in Hopewell, Virginia
EXPERIENCED NURSES! Want to advance your career into the Operating Room? *Apply to HCA’s OR Nurse Residency to learn how we will support you in your learning and development as an OR Nurse.*
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010.
John Randolph Medical Centeris a 147-bed acute care facility.We have been serving Hopewell, Colonial Heights, and Petersburg communities since 1915. We hold a Leapfrog Group “A” Patient Safety Score and have been recognized by the Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures and hold a Gold Seal of Approval for excellence in Total Hip and Knee Programs. We deliver high-quality, technology-assisted expert care in a welcoming and family-centered environment.
_HCA StaRN Nurse Residency Program_
StaRN stands for Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses. Our one year long program is specific to the unit you are hired into. This is a full-time, paid and benefited career choice that is designed to enhance your nursing skillsets and knowledge while simultaneously promoting your professional growth and development.
22 Week Orientation:
- 10 weeks in classroom setting to includeinteractive classroom discussions, case studies, hands‐on skills training, OR skills days with experienced StaRN clinical instructors, and AORN Perioperative 101 Core Curriculum
- 12 weeks of preceptorship with a designated and trained preceptor
/This opportunity requires a two-year commitment to the unit and facility./
/For on-call purposes, applicants must live within 30 minutes of the facility to be considered./
_Cohort Start Date:_
_Additional Information about our Operating Room:_
- Our OR is made up of 4 operating rooms and 3 endoscopy rooms
- In addition to our main hospital OR, our nurses float to our stand-alone surgical center in Colonial Heights where we have 2 operating rooms, 1 endoscopy room and 1 treatment room/(this is required and not optional)/
- You will care for surgical patients including cardiovascular, orthopedic, women’s services and general surgeries
- Our ORs offer nurses the unique opportunity to experience a range of OR patients and truly enhance their skillsets in smaller OR settings
- We welcome new team members who are invested in this specialty area, have a team-oriented mindset and are adaptable
*WHAT BENEFITS DO WE OFFER? *
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment.
*Intrigued? Don't wait, apply today. *We are actively reviewing applications for motivated new graduates who will help us raise the bar in patient care! Be a part of an organization that invests in you. HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues and we are committed to providing you with the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We would love to speak with you about this fantastic opportunity.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school
- VA RN licensure or compact-state licensure required
- Acute-care hospital RN experience highly preferred
/We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse OR Nurse Residency
Location: Virginia-Hopewell-John Randolph Medical Center - Hopewell
Requisition ID: 02699-EXPJRORQ11