HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) - Pre/PostOp in Houston, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking aRegistered Nurse (RN)to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
_HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center – Houston, TX_
_Registered Nurse (RN) - Pre/Post Op_
HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Centeris a 444-bed acute care hospital in the heart of Houston’s museum district. Established in 1975, the hospital has been serving Houston for more than 40 years. It provides a wide range of medical services, including cardiology, bariatrics, orthopedics, neurology, emergency care and more.
The hospital is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What will you do in this role:
• The Nurse in the Same Day Surgery Unit is responsible for the provision of safe and effective care of the perioperative patient in the pre-operative and post-operative phase.
• The employee proactively works toward and achieves goals set in the previous evaluation period andassumes responsibility for the efficient management of patients admitted to the Same Day Surgery Unit
• Performs pre-operative, pre-procedure assessments of patients immediately prior to planned intervention
• Plans, coordinates, and provides, nursing care according to individual patient care needs
Education: • Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, BSN preferred.
What qualifications you will need:
• Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse required.
• 2 years medical surgical experience, with preference for post anesthesia care experience
• American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support course (BLS or BCLS) and certification is required.
• American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support course (ALS or ACLS) and certification is required.
• American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Life Support course (PLS or PCLS) and certification is required.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three
consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition
Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want
you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly
review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our
recruiters.We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Pre/PostOp
Location: Texas-Houston-HCA Houston Medical Center
Requisition ID: 26925-135030