Greater Baltimore Medical Center Home Care Nurse in Hunt Valley, Maryland
The Hospice Home Care Nurse reports to the Team Manager. He/she is responsible for identifying patient/family care needs, and for providing nursing and supportive care for the terminally ill patient and their families.
This position visits patients living in various facilities in the designated service area.
Click Here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TxMcx8bUJw) to see a day in the life of a Hospice Home Care Nurse
Diploma, ADN and/or BSN from an accredited institution
Two years of nursing experience, or equivalent combination or education and experience.
· Knowledgeable of universal precautions for infection control and practices safe nursing standards for self protection
· Strong time management skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to be patient and family focused
· Skill in the use of EMR (Electronic Medical Record) and/or ability to learn
· Current Maryland State license as a Registered Nurse
· Certification in end-of-life care by the NBHPNA within three years of employment
· Ability to stand and walk almost constantly up to ninety 90% of work time and lifting and positioning patients up to fifty 50% of work time.
· Ability to perform home care visits
· Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail and often in stressful situations.
· Normal office environment with driving as large part of the day in the field, which includes visits to patient's homes, some in unsafe areas (escort provided).
· Exposed to adverse working conditions due to performance of patient care activities and exposure to communicable diseases
Conditions of Employment
· Reliable transportation and auto insurance.
· Valid Driver's License