Sutter Health Registered Nurse II - PACU/GI/PAT's in Lakeport, California
Sutter Lakeside Hospital is located in beautiful Lake County and overlooks Clear Lake, the largest natural lake in California. The hospital has a Critical Access Hospital designation, with 25 inpatient beds. There are 10 outpatient beds, a 12-bed ED, ancillary services (MRI, CT, Nuclear Med, Mammography imaging, lab, pathology, 24/7pharmacy coverage), surgical services (orthopedics, OB/GYN, general surgery, podiatry, ophthalmology, endoscopy), Family Birth Center, Intensive Care Unit, Medical-Surgical Unit, and an Outpatient Care Services Unit performing infusions, wound care and supporting outpatient procedures. The hospital also supports inpatient and outpatient physical, speech, occupational and rehab therapies. Sutter Lakeside’s campus includes two hospital-based rural health clinics, a beautiful community garden and the only Rehab Mobility Park in this part of the state. Lake County has a population of about 66,000 and is located in a fast-growing wine region only 2 hours northwest of Sacramento and 2 hours north of San Francisco.
The RN II provides professional nursing care for patients. Under the general direction of the Manager, the Registered Nurse I or II independently uses the nursing process to safely, compassionately, therapeutically and efficiently provide individualized care for a group of patients for which the nurse demonstrates age specific competencies. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the results of patient care. May supervise the work and function for other Registered nurses, and nursing assistants. The nurse has access to Protected Health Information as needed to accomplish the accountabilities as outlined in this job description. This includes access to the patient's medical record.
- Demonstrates the ability to use all components of the nursing process including assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating care to meet the individual patient’s needs according to their age, culture and condition.
· Assesses patients, identifies obvious as well as subtle patient problems and/or abnormal assessments, anticipates changes in patient’s condition and appropriately reports and resolves.
· Develops plan of care based on age specific assessment. Involves patient, family and interdisciplinary resources to develop and revise the plan of care.
· Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care in compliance with Standards of Care and Standards of Practice.
· Provides assistance to others in implementing complex care and treatments within their age specific categories.
· Administers medications and treatments according to hospital policy and procedure and accepted standards of age specific care and department standards.
· Communicates effectively with patients, families and other health care providers. Participates in multidisciplinary patient care conferences as needed.
· Promotes a climate in which patients/families may act in their own interest and intervenes as an advocate when they are unable to do so.
· Reassesses and evaluates patient response to care and takes appropriate action to assure patient’s needs are being met.
· Participates with patient/family and other members of the healthcare team in evaluation of patient outcomes.
· Substantiates patient care provided with appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrates leadership in daily activities on the unit.
· Promotes collaborative/caring relationships.
· Acts as a resource to team members.
· Supervises assigned Registered members, based on knowledge of the person’s job description and scope of practice.
· Maintains a safe work environment by adhering to hospital, departmental policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
· Demonstrates efficient use of time and resources and participates in identification and implementation of cost saving strategies.
· Demonstrates commitment to hospital’s mission, values and goals.
· In collaboration with the nurse manager, participates in at least one activity/project, to help the department/hospital improve quality, cost effectiveness or customer/patient service.
· Uses LEAN processes as directed following standard performance improvement processes.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in professional development.
· Maintains clinical competencies according to departmental standards.
· Demonstrates a commitment for continuous learning.
· Participates in the annual performance review process by identifying, developing and implementing goals and action plan with nurse manager.
· Demonstrates accountability for apprising self of hospital and department communications and changes in practice.
· Recognizes the importance of practice trends in nursing and participates in research or performance improvement activities.
· Attends and participates in department Registered meetings.
· Possession of a valid California License as a Registered Nurse.
Diploma or Associate’s Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
The following additional certifications must be completed within 60 days of hire and maintained.
OUTPT CARE SERVICES
RN I:Entry level with less than one year of recent acute care nursing experience
RN II: One (1) or more years recent acute care nursing experience
RN III: Voluntary designation earned using collective bargaining agreement
RN III Career Ladder Program
Communicates effectively in English (verbal and written).
Has effective skills in communication and interpersonal relationships.
Has the flexibility to adapt to new and changing situation.
Has the ability to think critically and set priorities.
Participates as a collaborative member of the Patient Care Team.
Demonstrates the basic knowledge and skills necessary to provide age-specific care to patients serviced, including knowledge of the principles of growth and development and psychosocial characteristics and interpreting age appropriate data for the populations served in the department.
Demonstrates appropriate communication and patient education skills for the patient population served.
Demonstrates basic computer skills and use of office equipment (e.g., fax machine, scanner, etc.).
Demonstrates competencies required by department (per initial orientation and annual review). Working knowledge of established safety topics (e.g., Infection Control, Electrical Safety, Disaster) as required by department and organizational standards.
Organization: Sutter Lakeside Hospital, Lakeport
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 10 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
Applications Accepted: All Applications Accepted
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Sutter Health Jobs