HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Cath Lab in McKinney, Texas
//We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $5,000 for eligible candidates!//
Medical City McKinney provides comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, neurosciences and women’s and children’s services.Since first opening our doors over 90 years ago, Medical City McKinney is a thriving 260-bed hospitalcontinuing to lead the way of meeting and exceeding our growing community’s healthcare needs by our commitment to change and innovation.
We are proud our hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center and is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, Grayson and Fannin Counties to receive The Joint Commission’s Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Joint Replacement. We are also an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
Medical City McKinney has built its name on providing area residents with exceptional healthcare that is both professional and personal. Our highly skilled physicians and staff members are focused on providing the most advanced and comprehensive healthcare available today...and for generations to come.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
Please visit our website athttp://medicalcitymckinney.com/to see for yourself why you should join our team.
We are proud to offer: - Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans - Paid Time Off - Short Term & Long Term Disability - Tuition Reimbursement - 401K - Student Loan Forgiveness - Employee Assistance Program - Employee Recognition Programs - Discounted tickets at many local attractions - Discounts to various retail stores and more….
The Cath Lab* RN*performs direct care for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the Cardiovascular Service Line.
- The Cardiovascular Invasive Registered Nurse will provide direct care to adult and geriatric patients:
- Performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the adult patient receiving invasive, diagnostic, and interventional procedures
- Promotes and maintains a safe and therapeutic cardiovascular invasive lab environment
- Provides high quality care pre, post, and during procedures
- Implements and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual cardiovascular invasive lab patients.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the nursing process.
- Hemodynamic and EKG monitoring including interpretation of information obtained
- Administration of Sedation Analgesia and monitoring patients’ response
- Management of high-risk intravenous therapies.
- Provides emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care
- Participates in Cardiovascular Department specific initiatives and process improvement
- Promotes a supportive environment.
- Provides supervision of new employees, patient care assistants, vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses, and / or nurse externs.
- Maintains high quality [age specific] care for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients as assigned.
Supports the mission, vision, and values of the organization
Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Must have a current RN license by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of Texas
- One year of invasive cardiology experience is highly preferred
- Three years of critical care experience is preferred
- Must have BLS - AHA
- Must have basic knowledge of hemodynamic values
- Verification of basic rhythm interpretations skills is required
- Basic computer skills are required
- Will be accountable for nursing judgments within the guidelines of the plan of care, department policy and licensure
- Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Cath Lab
Location: Texas-McKinney-Medical City McKinney
Requisition ID: 06264-152988