Midland Health Nurse Practitioner or Physician Asst. in Midland, Texas
The Nurse Practitioner is a licensed practitioner who is responsible for managing health problems and coordinating health care for the patient in accordance with State and federal rules and regulations, the nursing standards of care (assessment or health status, diagnosis, development of plan of care and treatment, implementation of treatment plan, and evaluation of patient status).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
• Clinical management is conducted in collaboration with the supervising physician and health care team members.
• Round with Tele neurologist using Tele-Robot
• Charting, coordinating care of patient, and following up with test results
• Tele Neurologist will write initial consultation note, NP will drop charge for consult.
• NP will be responsible for writing follow-up progress notes with updated plans and recommendations discussed on rounds.
• Assist Tele Neurologist examine patient during video session and help with moving the robot from room to room when rounding.
• NP will coordinate the care and communication to referring services with follow-up on test results throughout day as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Masters or Higher education and licensed as a Physician Assistant in the State of Texas or licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Texas.
• Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Licensure
• Current Nurse Practitioner certification in specialty area
• Current provider care in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS); PALS provider card as required by department and facility.
• Computer skills for E H R.
• Eligible for hospital privileges
Requisition ID: 2022-1958
External Company Name: Midland Health
External Company URL: https://www.midlandhealth.org/