Elevate Care Northbrook Nursing Supervisor RN AM in Northbrook, Illinois
SUMMARY: The RN Nursing Supervisor performs professional supervisory nursing practice in the care of the physically and mentally ill. Work involves responsibility for supervising the provision of quality nursing care given at the facility. The position is responsible for maintaining the quality and adequacy of nursing practice; for coordinating nursing programs; for recognizing and assisting in solving professional, administrative and supervisory problems. Position exercises considerable judgment in applying professional knowledge in solving nursing problems within established policies and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Determines the optimal allocation of present staff, per shift and assignment on each unit is present.
· Coordinates the care of patients on assigned shift. Communicates shifts concerns by unit to appropriate staff (via e-mails, voice mail, etc.).
· Review of 24 Hour Report and review patients as indicated for change of condition
· Serves as administrative authority for the smooth function of all units. Notifies Director or Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, Scheduler/Central Supply of urgent concerns during the shift. When the concern is non-urgent, notifies manager by phone message or e-mail.
· Receives employee, resident and family grievances. Refers information to appropriate manager.
· Assists nurses in completing risk assessments and investigations of injury.
· Notifies Assistant Director of Nursing and Human Resources Director of identified learning needs.
· Receives employee call-offs. Records call-offs and updates schedule. Notifies managers/supervisors of call-offs in their units via voice mail. Replaces for absences and vacancies for upcoming shift(s). Assists staff to pick up hours (call-in phone, e-mail, vacancy lists, 72-hour availability list).
· Works with the Staffing Coordinator and Director of Nursing to assure that vacancies are filled in advance.
· Performs rounds to monitor the conditions and care of acutely ill patients
· Supervises staff and assures survey compliance on a daily basis. Provides guidance and support to staff to better plan work flow.
· Receives reports throughout the shift. Completes reports for “I” team members on each unit.
· Assists nurses in assessing residents who are experiencing acute changes.
· Provides clinical expertise in the management of medical and psychiatric emergencies.
· Responds to code blue, medical assist situations. Assists staff, as needed.
· Provides clinical expertise in medical management, crisis and behavior management techniques.
· Audits charts routinely. Provides clinical expertise in documentation, including MDS, Medicare PPS, acute illness charting, weekly summaries and care planning.
· Ensures timely notification of MD/Family Representatives where warranted.
· Obtains supplies from medical supply after hours.
· Restocks the crash cart immediately after use.
· Directs staff response to emergencies, such severe weather, fire or bomb scare. Participates in fire drills. Directs disaster evacuation plan, as needed.
· Meets routinely with the Director of Nursing and Assistant Director of Nursing.
· Assists with the development and implementation of nursing policies and procedures.
· Attends facility Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Registered Nurse with current unencumbered state licensure.
· Supervisory experience in a team leader role.
· Work experience as a professional nurse.
· CPR certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Required to sit, stand, bend and walk regularly; lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
· Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal communication.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Elevate Care is a fully integrated post-acute care consortium offering 24-hour skilled nursing care, short-term rehabilitation, post-hospital recovery and many more clinical specialized programs. We not only provide the highest quality of care, we take it to the next level. Elevate Care is well known for our commitment to our employees, offering outstanding ongoing training and development, career advancement opportunities, competitive pay rates, generous compensation packages and much more.
Elevate Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer