UPMC Graduate Nurse Rotational Program: UPMC St. Margaret - Surgical (Spring/Summer 2021 Graduates - November Start) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Are you graduating in Spring/Summer 2022 from nursing school and looking to launch your nursing career? Our Graduate Nurse Rotational Program may be the perfect fit! You will rotate through various units within the hospital to gain valuable and varied experience while working alongside an experienced nurse to help mentor and guide you in your learning.
About UPMC St. Margaret
UPMC St. Margaret Hospital is a 3 Time Magnet ANCC Designated Hospital, we are a 250-bed teaching hospital situated on a 21-acre campus near Aspinwall, PA.
What is the Graduate Nurse Rotational Program (GNRP)?
UPMC St. Margaret is pleased to announce we are NOW HIRING Graduate Nurses as full-time Staff Nurses to support various hospital units as part of a special Rotational Program. The GNRP will begin in Nov 2021 to rotate through various units including:
4B - The 4B Nursing Unit is a 30-bed orthopedic unit. The services provided include all orthopedic needs within the realm of our practice, including total joint replacement, spinal surgery, shoulder surgeries, and foot/ankle surgeries
6B – 6B is a 34-bed medical/surgical and step-down unit that provides care to adult and geriatric patients with a focus on pre and post-surgical patients. We provide care to a full range of general adult medical diagnoses, but our primary specialties are general surgery, vascular surgery, thoracic surgery, ENT, GYN, urologic surgery, and plastic surgery
PACU - Peri anesthesia nursing is a specialty that concentrates on caring for patients that are undergoing and recovering from anesthesia. UPMC St. Margaret Perianesthesia Department consists of a total of 42 pre-op and post-op beds. The department is comprised of three units: The Preoperative unit, Ambulatory Surgical Unit (ASU), and the Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU). We care for adolescents (13yrs old to 18yrs old), adult, and geriatric populations. You will encounter invasive monitoring, nerve blocks, epidurals, awake intubations, and cardioversions
Why Join the Graduate Nurse Rotational Program?
• Opportunity to be mentored by both a staff nurse and a nurse leader
• Guidance from a preceptor while on each rotation
• Fantastic opportunity to learn from many talented nurses and receive broad exposure to clinical specialties
• Opportunity to explore and find your right ‘home’ in nursing at UPMC
What can you Expect as a GNRP Staff Nurse?
The Staff Nurse provides highly competent patient care and treatment while demonstrating empathy and a passion for learning. A role that requires independent judgment, fluent communication, and candid partnership, the Staff Nurse establishes relationships with physicians, other care providers, patients, and patients’ families to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care.
As a Staff Nurse and a member of the care delivery team, you will set the standards for the level and quality of nursing care and possess authority and accountability for its provision. At all times, you will exemplify a commitment to the community and to the nursing profession.
Why Join UPMC as a Nurse?
• Competitive wages, with the highest BSN differential in the greater Pittsburgh area
• An incomparable benefits package, including tuition reimbursement
• Top clinicians, leading researchers, and the most modern equipment and technology in health care today
• The Staff Nurse is a valued step in the UPMC nursing career ladder, with opportunities for continued growth and advancement.
What Does Placement Look Like Post-GNRP?
Upon completion of the Graduate Nurse Rotational Program, placements are determined by participant preference, Hiring Manager preference, and business need through a collaborative matching process at UPMC St. Margaret.
Applicants will be placed in the appropriate job title and salary from my Nursing Career Ladder based on their individual experience and education.
Shift/Hours: Our RNs work a rotating 12-hour schedule to ensure 24/7 coverage on the floor.
Graduate Nurses are encouraged to apply. GNs must be eligible for State Board Licensure and successfully pass the examination before beginning this role -OR- must have a Temporary Practice Permit and commit to taking the NCLEX examination within 4 months of hire.
• BSN Preferred
• Completion of UPMC Student Nurse Internship Program or student clinical transitions course at UPMC preferred
• The individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately to the ages of the patients served by his/her assigned unit as specified below.
• They must also demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patients status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs and to provide the care needs as described in the department policy and procedures.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and patients/families.
• Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment.
• Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care.
• Good clinical judgment.
• Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and to lead others in application of the nursing process.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
• Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse required prior to program start date OR must have a Temporary Practice Permit and commit to taking the NCLEX examination within 4 months of hire.
• CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
• Act 34 Criminal Clearance
• Basic Life Support
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- UPMC Jobs