Therapy Management Corporation Licensed Practical Nurse in Quincy, Illinois
At Americare-Adams Pointe & The Arbors Assisted Living and Memory Care Community we make a difference in the everyday lives of others and we are proud of the work we do. We have created communities that embrace our team members like family. We have a culture of recognition, empowerment and a side of fun. Our senior living communities are places where excellence thrives and that we call home. Ask about our student loan reimbursement program! Come join our team!
• Assist DON with resident assessments, care plans, medication management, documentation, physician orders and communication with physicians.
• Preparation, administration, and documentation at appropriate times of medications according to Americare Standards. May be required to provide resident treatments as ordered by resident’s physician.
• Responsible for counting and documenting narcotics at beginning or end of shift.
• Ensure wellbeing of the resident, by providing direct physical and emotional support to resident including, but not limited to, personal hygiene, transferring, lifting, maintain records, confidentiality, assistance with activities of daily living, and assist with meals.
• Provide updates to residents and families as needed
• Recognize and report in a timely manner any change in resident condition to physician and responsible party.
• Accurately observe, record, and report resident care, condition or needs as well as concerns, as ordered.
• Support co-workers by providing assistance as needed or requested.
• Report and record in timely manner any accidents or incidents involving residents, staff, or visitors.
• Communicate through report to staff on preceding and oncoming shifts.
• Admit and discharge or transfer residents with proper documentation noted in nurses notes and completion of necessary and required forms.
• Provide housekeeping duties including cleaning of common areas and resident rooms.
• Must be able to work independently or with peers to provide care of residents. Must be able to provide first aid as needed.
• Supports successful integration of new hires into the departments and assists to develop clinical practice skills and person centered care approaches.
• Adheres to the expectations of the Corporate Compliance/Ethics and HIPAA privacy policies.
Other duties as assigned
Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse in good standing and currently licensed by the State of Illinois or in training to satisfactorily complete the requirements to become a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Completion of secondary education or otherwise show ability to read and write in a legible and understandable manner.
Previous supervisory experience or completion of appropriate training program.
Standing, sitting, walking, changing of position, reaching, extending hands & arms, reach across midline, crouching, balancing, kneeling, stooping, bending, lifting 25 lbs. from sit to stand & push, and able to push resident in wheelchair up to 350 lbs.
Positive attitude toward the elderly.
External Company Name: Therapy Management Corporation
External Company URL: http://www.therapymgmt.com/
Street: 213 N 48th ST
First Name: Shonda