Sutter Health Registered Nurse, Neonatal ICU in Roseville, California
The Registered Nurse role focuses primarily on the clinical direction and coordination of a patient-care team in collaboration with the medical staff to provide a full range of patient services. The Registered Nurse will function within the full scope of licensure to provide patient care; assess patient and family needs; implementation of the plan of care; and, review and evaluate the effectiveness. The Registered Nurse also provides care based on the age-related needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient with consideration of their developmental/psychosocial needs, environmental safety, education needs, communication style and level of understanding.
• Graduate of an accredited registered nurse program and has successfully passed RN examination.
• Current California RN license.
• Minimum of six (6) months area specific acute care experience within the last two (2) years required.
• Knowledge of nursing process in assessment of physical and psychosocial, psychological needs of patients.
• Aware of adult learning principles in providing teaching of patients and families.
• Current Basic Life Support – Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP) recognition (American Heart Association or Greater Sacramento Region)
• Satisfactory completion of IV and medication exam.
• Demonstrated ability to professionally handle public contact, confidential information and maintain effective workflow systems; able to prioritize.
• Demonstrated skills in the use of computer equipment and software programs.
• Possess ability to read, speak and write English legibly, spell correctly, and perform basic mathematics.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, are necessary.
NICU Department Specific Requirements: Each employee must successfully complete:
• Successful completion of Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within six (6) months of start date and must maintain recognition.
Organization: Sutter Roseville Medical Center
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Night
Shift Hours: 12 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 72
Applications Accepted: All Applications Accepted
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Sutter Health Jobs