Sutter Health Registered Nurse - Hospice Case Manager in San Francisco, California
The Case Manager is an experienced Registered Nurse who provides skilled palliative and end of life care in the community setting in alignment with SCAH, mission, goals and objectives. The Case Manager facilitates the development of a collaborative interdisciplinary plan and ensures the overall coordination and medical management of hospice services for patients and their significant others.
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required.
• Participation in a specialized training program for Hospice or other coursework in death and dying/hospice care preferred.
• Bachelor's BSN/PHN/MA preferred.
Licensures and Certifications
• Registered Nurse - State Licensure - RN Required
• Basic Life Support Certification - BLS Required
• Driver License, Valid and in State - DL NUMBER Required
• Automobile Insurance - INSURANCE Required
• Public Health Nurse - PHN Preferred
• Certified Medical Assistant - CMA Preferred
• 6 mos-2 years Minimum one year of acute medical experience required.
• 3-5 years Direct patient care experience within the past five years required.
Home Health or hospice experience preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
• Demonstrated clinical assessment skills.
• Ability to recognize the special needs of Hospice patients and others in the home.
• Ability to communicate with patients and significant others in an effective, mature, caring manner.
• Ability to maintain harmonious constructive relationships with internal and external customers.
• Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of palliative care for the terminally ill patient.
• Must be able to recognize unsafe or emergency situations and act appropriately.
• Must be able to meet company productivity standards as indicated by organization and manager.
• Must be able to handle sensitive issues, conflict with or among others, respectively direct and reinforce staff efforts; effectively plan and organize and prioritize work, think critically to both effectively plan and organize department operations consistent with Sutter Care at Home’s strategic and operating objectives and to effectively solve unique problems as they arise or identify when to consult supervisor.
• Must be able to deal with challenging work environment with time demands and occasional conflicting priorities.
• Maintain a positive and professional image and demonstrate self-directed learning to meet professional development and/or license requirements.
• Is responsible for maintaining all required licensure and certifications.
• At orientation and annually thereafter, must be able to meet Sutter Care at Home core competencies for position and area of specialty, as appropriate.
• Must have reliable transportation.
Organization: Sutter Care at Home
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Applications Accepted: All Applications Accepted
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Sutter Health Jobs