HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Extern PRN - Trauma/Telemetry in Thornton, Colorado
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment?
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At North Suburban Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Trauma/Telemetry teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Here is some of what you can expect from being a Nurse Extern with us:
- You will support the mission of NSMC by providing a comforting, safe and healing environment for patients and their families
- You will demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for your patients
- You may rotate to other areas other than your normally assigned service area/s. Those departments and service areas may require specialized skills, and you will perform only those duties for which you have demonstrated competency. The delivery of care is based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patient
- You will perform delegated duties consistent with your scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery at NSMC
- You must have the capacity to foster a positive work environment, be professional and display positive support of NSMC as well as the entire HealthONE organization
- You will care for patients ranging in age from adolescents to geriatrics
Qualifications you will need for this role:
- Current AHA or ARC BCLS certification
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Must be currently enrolled in an approved school of nursing; successful completion of at least one full semester of clinical nursing that includes nursing fundamentals
- Must have experience in nursing fundamentals including starting and discontinuing IVs, insertion and removal of Foley Catheter, and wound care. Proof of competencies required from school of nursing
- Demonstrates good organizational skills, able to articulate and demonstrate knowledge of nursing theory and practice
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Standards of Nursing Practice at NSMC
- Displays appropriate judgement and problem solving skills
- Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers. Maintains patient confidentiality
North Suburban Medical Centeris a 157 bed, level II state designated trauma facility with a level II NICU, cardiac catheterization services, and primary stroke certification by The Joint Commission. North Suburban strives to meet and exceed the needs of the surrounding communities by also providing two free standing emergency departments and one ambulatory surgery center. North Suburban has more than 850 employees and 800 providers on medical staff and excellent quality outcomes. North Suburban is one of just two hospitals in the state of Colorado to be named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures each of the last five years. North Suburban has been honored by the Women’s Choice Awards as one of America’s Best ERs, one of America’s Best Hospitals for Patient Safety, has been awarded high ratings from The Leapfrog Group in recent years, and has received several five-star awards from Healthgrades including the Patient Safety Excellence Award in 2020. North Suburban is proud to be part of the HealthONE system of hospitals, which was named the #1 large hospital system in the United States by IBM Watson Health as part of the 15 Top Health Systems recognition process. And, as the #7 corporate philanthropist in the Denver-metro area, and the only hospital system in the top 10, HealthONE contributed more than $1.6 million in 2019 and supports over 150 organizations through cash and in-kind donations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Nurse Extern PRN - Trauma/Telemetry
Location: Colorado-Thornton-North Suburban Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03192-105770