Health First Assistant Nurse Manager, PACU, Viera Hospital Full Time in Viera, Florida
To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by planning, directing and assessing all unit functions to include evaluation of patient care on a 24 hour basis on an assigned unit. Additional functions include participation in the development of policies and procedures for the Department of Patient Care Services, implementation of Health First policies and objectives, interview and selection of personnel, budget preparation, and cost effective operations, scheduling and assignment of personnel, employee performance appraisals, quality improvement activities, counseling and disciplinary actions as needed, at all times serving as clinical and professional role model to staff and contributing to their professional growth and development.
- Ensures patient and staff safety on the assigned unit.
- Promotes associate accountability and competency through leadership and management practice.
- Provides input for annual performance appraisals and competency checklists for personnel on assigned shift on an annual basis and as necessary in a timely manner.
- Interviews and participates in the selection of new personnel for the unit.
- Assists with and participates in the development of policies, procedures, and standards of care for the unit. Implements and ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensures adequate training and appropriate use of the electronic medical record in compliance with established policies, procedures, and expectations
- Counsels and disciplines associates as necessary. Encourages associate growth and development through mentorship and goal setting. Encourages associate participation in the clinical ladder.
- Responsible for scheduling and assigning personnel on assigned shift to ensure safe, adequate, and appropriate staffing for the unit. Schedules are completed in a timely manner and in compliance with the approved unit staffing plan based on patient needs and acuity.
- Assists with implementation of unit based performance improvement activities resulting in improved operations and patient care outcomes:
- Completes assigned audits and monitors accurately and in a timely manner.
- Identifies opportunities for quality improvement activities on the unit
- Reports CQI results to departmental director and shares with shift associates.
- Ensures compliance with the Joint Commission and other organizational and regulatory agency standards with quality indicators and core measures.
Performs those clinical skills within the scope of practice of a registered nurse in the state of Florida for which competencies have been validated.
BSN or actively enrolled in a BSN program.
Current RN license to practice in the state of Florida.
Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start date and maintain.
Minimum of two (2) years acute care clinical experience preferred.
Sound organizational skills to include time management and problem solving.
Highly developed communication skills, verbal and non-verbal.
Must be able to speak and understand the English language.
Experience working in Behavioral Health preferred
Job: *Nurse Management
Organization: *Viera Hospital Inc
Title: Assistant Nurse Manager, PACU, Viera Hospital Full Time
Location: Florida - Brevard County-Viera
Requisition ID: 054561