HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) ICU (PRN) in Webster, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a *Registered Nurse *to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake - Webster, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) – Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is a610-bedacute care facility hospital offering inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. The campus includes Level II trauma capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart & Vascular Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center, a wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the area’s only pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU.
HCA Healthcare Clear Lake is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for the ICU and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Responds to Code Blue situations and implements life-saving measures per ACLS protocol.
- Interprets ECG rhythm strips and evaluates 12-lead ECG’s.
- Monitors and titrates IV vasoactive, antiarrhythmic and other special drugs.
- Assists with insertion of arterial lines, pulmonary artery catheters and IABP.
- Monitors invasive pressures such as those above.
- Draws blood from arterial, CVP and other invasive lines.
- Assesses critically ill patients in an ongoing manner, per protocol.
- Accompanies and monitors patients going to other department for tests/procedures.
- May accompany patients in transport during inter-facility transfers.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit as needed
What qualifications you will need:
- Current Texas Licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Associates Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BLCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
- Certification in Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) within two years of hire preferred
- NIHSS certification within 6 months of hire, unless currently certified then needs to be maintained annually
- 8 hours of acute stroke education annually
- Two years ICU experience in an acute care setting
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our Talent Acquisition Team.We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) ICU (PRN)
Location: Texas-Webster-HCA Houston Clear Lake
Requisition ID: 01533-134611