HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Observation Unit in Webster, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking aRegistered Nurse (RN) to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake – Webster, TX
*Registered Nurse PRN - Observation Unit *
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is a full-service hospital offering a 531 bed inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. The campus includes Level II trauma capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart & Vascular Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center, a wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the area’s only pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
*What you will do in this role: *
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Medical Intermediate Unit and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, asses and improve the quality of patient care.
- Performs assessments on patients within appropriate time frames.
- Monitors the effect of medication administration and teaching.
- Assists physician with insertion of central venous catheters or other venous access devices, as needed.
- Draws blood from venous lines.
- Uses special feeding tubes (gastronomy, jejunostomy, nasogastric).
- Does assessment and intervention for patients with wound ulcers.
- Models and reinforces behaviors consistent with goals for teaching the medical patient, communicates patient status to appropriate member of the healthcare team and provides support to the family, as needed.
- Responsible for assessment of patients with telemetry monitoring.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit, as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining customer friendly atmosphere.
- Scanning supplies from P.O.U. area.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
What qualification you will need for this role:**
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing, preferred.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing.
- Current RN license in the state of Texas.
- Minimum of 1-year RN Med Surg experience in a hospital setting, preferred.
- Current BLS issued by the American Heart Association Healthcare for healthcare providers.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Observation Unit
Location: Texas-Webster-HCA Houston Clear Lake
Requisition ID: 01533-135991